Ideas for closing activity?

Harrison Owen owenhh at mindspring.com
Thu Nov 1 15:01:49 PST 2001

At 02:31 PM 11/1/01 -0800, you wrote:
>So after we vote and celebrate that, we also want to ask the group what
>their thoughts are on things the Bishop might need to know regarding how
>to ensure the success of the action items that come out of this
>strategic plan.  Maybe an hour in facilitated discussion to gather all
>those thoughts.

How about a Graffiti Wall -- Messages to the Bishop -- sort of thing?

>We'll be offering Mass after the workshop, for those who wish to
>attend.  But we need a wonderful, nutritious, celebratory closure
>directly following the work they've done together.  (yes, Mass is
>wonderful, nutritious and celebratory for many people, but that is
>separate from our workshop and not all people will be attending that).

Not everybody attends a closing either... So depending on how "open" the
celebrant (priest) is... It is common practice in some parishes
(Anglican/Episcopal/Roman) for the people to bring the bread and wine --
and other gifts --  to celebrate. If you had a Graffiti Wall, you could
organize (very loosely) a Grand Procession with Bread, Wine and Graffiti
Charts (pages/scrapes of paper etc). Everybody comes up with their gifts --
bread and wine go to the Priest, Graffiti goes on the wall (or handy
stands) -- Mass is celebrated in the round (a la Open Space) -- and ends
with the Blessing -- and reflection. Everybody standing in a circle,
holding hands... You get the picture. Actually I've done just that in my
other incarnation. And whoever said that Open Space (at least as I have
experienced it) had nothing to do with ritual and liturgy.... Well!!!

ho

Harrison Owen

7808 River Falls Drive
Potomac, MD 20854 USA