1500..how to

Michael M Pannwitz mmpanne at snafu.de
Thu Nov 15 14:36:36 PST 2001

Dear Toke and you other interActing beings,
one more thought on the 1500 came to my mind on the background of
visualisation/pictures/documents/etc.
Dont have a book of proceedings.
That is, let people post all their results in the raw  in the form of
a gallery (posters they produce and whatsoever) for everyone to walk
around in and enjoy during the open space and perhaps allow for a
special period to "visit the gallery" (alternative to the reading of
the book).
The only things recorded by the participants and given to everyone
are
1. a detailed list of participants so people can stay in touch
2. any agreements on action (who is going to do what when how...)
that might come out of a planning phase with an emphasis on having
the names of every one party to the agreement loud and clear on the
agreement,  again so people can stay in touch.

Irmi Gruensteidel and I will try this at an 2.5 day open space of
some 40 study body representatives in the middle of December. This is
the same bunch that came together a year ago and since then has
worked as an open space subsystem in their highschool which in turn
spawned an open space for the entire school just after summerbreak
this year.

Aside from all the paper not used and other neat simplifications I
have a hunch that it might be a characteristic of an InterActive
Organization (or a conscious open space organization) to operate with
near zero stuff written down....

This way of trying it crept into my thinking when I read a piece
somewhere about a country/culture where notes/ recorded proceedings
etc. are not  the usual mode of operation with the observation that
action was taken just the same (could this be France??? )
Greetings from freezing Berlin
michael

Michael M Pannwitz
Draisweg 1
12209 Berlin, Germany
FON +49 - 30-772 8000     FAX +49 - 30-773 92 464
www.michaelMpannwitz.de

To subscribe to the oslist, send the following message (and nothing but the message):
"SUBSCRIBE OSLIST" to listserv at listserv.boisestate.edu
SUBJECT field should be left BLANK