OS School

Kathleen A. Pichola kapich at juno.com
Tue May 29 20:20:44 PDT 2001

Sharon

I belong to a list serve much like the os list only it is for people
supporting each other with alternatives to traditional education.  I can
give you the way to subscribe if you are interested.  There are several
organizations also that may be of interest to you.
Path of Learning is a bimonthly magazine published by The Foundation for
Educational Renewal. ron Miller is the founder, president and leading
historian on alternative education.   contact him at P.O. Box 328,
Brandon VT 05733, e-mail, <milleron at together.net>
I was amazed at how much is available on alternative education, many of
them either very open or struggling to open space in a closed public
school system.  I am currently in the process of introducing them to OST
and would love to be able to offer it to educators who are working toward
openness.
In the early 70's, I had the wonderful experience of observing in the
English schools in London.  two schools that were implementing what was
then called informal education and was as open as can be.  I was sorry to
hear that things have not stayed that way.  I would love to talk with you
more specifically if that would be helpful to you.  Good luck.

Kathleen Pichola