Drop-ins

Eddie Palmer EEddiepalmer at cs.com
Wed May 16 00:07:04 PDT 2001

Dear Viv,

We've had this phenonemon in Scotland quite a bit. It seems to be impossible
to get hold of politicians, although at one event last autumn, we did keep an
MSP with us all day because he was interested.
I don't think we've done anything very special, except to keep very
determinedly to the 'programme' , and refuse to be swayed by any extraneous
demands. Perhaps we've also shared the problem with the sponsors, who are
usually very well aware of the issue ( and often label politicians as some of
the underlying problem!)
We just bowl along, and refuse permission for any 'speeches' , except for an
initial, very short keynote,

Best wishes,

Eddie Palmer
Open Futures Ltd