Food safety

Birgitt Williams birgitt at mindspring.com
Mon May 14 18:26:59 PDT 2001

Dear Anne,
I think the topic of reports--their clarity to those who did not attend the
session but would like a well done summary of what took place, as well as
often time far reaching implications of what is included in the reports is
of consequence within what we do with Open Space Technology meetings. I
agree with Harrison in terms of getting the reports up on to the wall as
quickly as possible and asking all to pay attention and to see their
"recorder" if reports require changing before they make it into the book of
proceedings. This is difficult regarding the reports entered at the end.
There is also a problem when all in the group agree with the report but it
has inaccuracies of the type you mention. This could be somewhat offset by
how you develop and then communicate the "givens" for the meeting.

I have been in circumstances that were politically "hot" with the media
getting hold of reports regarding organizations that were already receiving
bad press. I have been in other circumstances where comments were recorded
that had employment and thereby legal implications. I have been in
circumstances where the governing Board of an organization read and
misunderstood the reports (that were poorly written) and ended up in a
situation of negative repurcussions to the staff involved and most
particularly to the Department Head. I have been in other situations where
resources were allocated based on the reports and those that were poorly
written did not fare well.

I have a real respect for the written word, for communication, and how
easily it is misunderstood. When I facilitate an OST meeting, I work with as
much clarity as I can regarding the "givens" for the reports, including the
need to write knowing they are not confidential and knowing the circulation
can and likely will be wide.

Respectfully for the good work that you do way over on the other side of the
world,
Birgitt

Birgitt Williams of Dalar International Consultancy
Mentoring for Organizational Effectiveness
For ongoing professional development, join us for training in the Genuine
Contact Program for exceptional results in organizational effectiveness. The
remaining training dates for 2001 are noted below. Training can also be
brought into an organization at other times.

Those completing all four components of the Genuine Contact Program meet the
requirements to attend the "train the trainer" session of four days,
resulting in authorization to use the Genuine Contact Program for "in-house"
training of teams.

The Genuine Contact program is a program for building skill and capacity
within the organization, for working with change. It is designed to keep
external consultant involvement to a minimum, providing training and
mentoring work only, so that working with change is led from within the
organization. Leaders within an organization are taught to develop and use
an operating system in which business is conducted with genuine contact at
all levels on an ongoing basis. Upon completion of the sixteen days of
training, the leaders are authorized to teach others within the
organization, in an ongoing internal process, until the new operating system
is functioning fully in a growthful and effective way. During year one,
during and following the initial training, a consultant to the organization
coaches and mentors this "in-house" team as the "in-house" team leads the
change process for its own organization.

Training components of the Genuine Contact  Program are 1. Working with Open
Space Technology (4 days); 2. Working with Whole Person Process Facilitation
(2 days); 3. Working with Cross Cultural Conflict Resolution (2 days); 4.
Advanced Work in Open Space Technology focusing on the Open Space
Organization (4 days); and 5. Train the trainer in the Genuine Contact
program (4 days).

Detailed information is available on our website at
www.openspacetechnology.com <http://www.openspacetechnology.com>

Prices noted below are the usual price for a training session but prices var
y dependent on costs within each location.

Remaining training dates for 2001:
Session One: Working with Open Space Technology ($600US):  Holland June
8-11; London, England July 19,20 and 23,24; Raleigh, North Carolina, USA Oct
1-4; Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada Oct 15-18
Session Two: Working with Whole Person Process Facilitation ($300
US):Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada May 22-23; Sweden May 29-30; Raleigh, North
Carolina, USA: Sept 17-18
Session Three: Working with Cross Cultural Conflict Resolution ($300US):
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada May 24-25; Sweden May 31-June 1; Raleigh, North
Carolina, USA Sept 19-20
Session Four: Advanced Work in Open Space Technology focusing on the Open
Space Organization ($800US): Berlin, Germany June 13-15; London, England
Sept. 10-13; Raleigh, North Carolina, USA Nov 1-4
The Genuine Contact program Train the Trainer ($1500US): Raleigh,North
Carolina, USA Sept 21,22,23,24

We invite you to the first conference of the International Alliance for
Mentoring, Raleigh, North Carolina, USA Sept. 25-26
Fee $100 US.

"Dalar International Consultancy offers you the opportunity to achieve
organizational results beyond your expectations. We believe that Spirit
matters and people are precious. We know that strategies based on these
values have exciting, tangible results."

Birgitt and Ward Williams - we create opportunities for Genuine Contact for
higher consciousness