about Letting Go (was: Re: One Day OS Training)

Harrison Owen owenhh at mindspring.com
Wed May 9 03:30:30 PDT 2001

At 08:31 AM 5/9/01 +0200, Nino wrote:

>But besides - I've got to ask one question about your feeling about
>Letting Go. You wrote,
>
> > [...] And indeed, Letting Go is an
> > on-going lesson for all of us.
>
>Isn't the "problem of" letting go - or, the restraints one meets when
>attempting to let go, and even when trying to facilitate (=let go) other
>people's letting go - aren't they all just those restraints which one
>bears in oneself?

Certainly -- so the good news is all you have to do is change your mind.
The bad news is -- changing your mind is often a hard, hard thing to do.
However, we really don't have any choice. One of these days, regardless of
our will or intent, the Ruler of the Universe will utter that famous
Schwartznager line, "I let him go."  In the interim we seem to enjoy
shooting ourselves in the foot all the while agonizing over the loss of
something we never truly had to begin with. Go figure.

Harrison

Harrison Owen
7808 River Falls Drive
Potomac, MD 20854 USA