Outdoor Open Space

Joelle Lyons Everett JLEShelton at aol.com
Fri May 4 23:20:34 PDT 2001

Jay--

Your outdoor Open Space sounds like fun, and it sounds as if you have the
logistics well in hand.

The first two Open Space events I attended were held at remote conference
centers--we had a meeting room with walls, but were only a step away from the
great outdoors.  A few fond memories:

Sitting on a steep mountainside, deep in a very personal and intense
discussion when the sound of Tibetan chimes floated up to call us to the
evening circle.  Outside, the sound seems to travel forever.

A session convened to "Walk and talk,"  a vigorous hike in the desert
accompanied by an equally vigorous conversation.

A large group in a circle on one of the few spots of flat ground, the sight
and sounds of the forest in front of me and Harrison somewhere behind me,
quietly smoking his pipe.  I know longer remember what we talked about, but
the sensory images are as fresh as yesterday.

Taking an excursion from an OT conference in Olympia to visit Wolf Haven,
where we howled with the wolves.

The world is much larger than what we see within our everyday four
walls--seems appropriate to take Open Space into open space.

Joelle