OSLIST Poetry Celebration and Contest

Jeff Aitken ja at svn.net
Tue May 1 21:18:03 PDT 2001

I am pleased to announce that our new Poet Laureate is Florian Fischer!

His wonderful poem "anfang" ("beginning") has won the contest, with both
the highest number of votes and the greatest number of voters. Florian, I
am honored to pass the talking stick to you.

If anyone desires all of the contest results, please request by email.

Thanks again to all of the poets who contributed to our celebration. Here
are their names, along with their poems:
__________

1.

assembly.

    alert...

and...

...airborne...

      agenda
      anecdotes
      autonomy
      agility
      acceleration
      abandonment

afterwards:

      aglow
      aware
      animated
      accomplished

all agreed:

      another
      amazing
      adventure.

      aha.

-Lisa Heft

2.

An astonishing thing keeps happening:
polished practice, endless rehearsals lead to
hushed reflection, sudden activity --
and always,
the appearance of birds.

-Chris Corrigan

3.

At once he strode
into the circle,
grabbed all the paper
and glared with triumph.

Then smiling sheepishly
he replaced it.

-Alan Stewart
4.

An Open Space:
Essence,
Simplicity,
Generosity,
Inclusion.
So...
Discover the heart,
Do one less thing,
Give it away,
Welcome the stranger...

-Peg Holman

5.

There once was a fellow named Owen
Who claimed he was not really all knowin'
He learned how to fire us
It spread like a virus
Now Open Space is comin' and goin'.

-Peg Holman