so how would open space handle this?

Artur F. Silva artsilva at mail.eunet.pt
Sat Mar 31 06:39:37 PST 2001

At 02:59 31-03-2001 -0500, Joelle Lyons Everett wrote:

>  your thought that maybe just Israeli and Palestinian women should come
>together, I've spent this week with a group of women from Siberia who were
>visiting the Washington State Legislature and other groups in my area.  One
>woman observed that in the legislative committees which included both women
>and men, the women seemed to ask most of the questions.  She wondered if the
>men thought they already knew the answers...

Very interesting comment, Joelle. And it clearly applies very well to
U.S. Senator Connie Mack of Florida (a man, I presume). He went
there but he was not asking anything, nor trying to dialog - he
already "knew everything" before...

The only thing that I am sure about any use of OST on that problem is:
"don't invite U.S. Senator Connie Mack of Florida for the meeting"...

But he also made other very interesting comments. Please try to forget
that the majority of you are from USA and read this as if you were
from abroad:

>In the United States, many people seem to think that if we do not confront
>these obstacles to peace and if we look the other way, then we will be able
>to come to an agreement. (...)
>  The United States role has been to seek the middle ground. (...)
>The United States must not engage in moral equivocation. (...)
>The United States must demonstrate principled leadership and end the
>appeasement that perpetuates the cycle of violence.(...)
>  The peace process can
>only work when (...) the United States remains a vigilant defender
>of the principles which bind us to Israel: freedom, democracy, and the
>rule of law.

He believes that the USA are the rulers of the world... Interestingly
no one commented on that...

There is something in respect to what the USA are really "ruling" the
world - the production of the pollution that is devastating the weather in
all the world. So I think a more interesting question would be "Can OST
be used to force USA government to - at least - comply with the Kyoto
agreement?"

Regards

Artur