Storytelling - what happened?

John Dicus jdicus at ourfuture.com
Wed Mar 7 14:11:46 PST 2001

At 10:15 PM 03/07/2001 +0100, you wrote:
>Hi all.
>Yesterday I facilitated the storytelling event I told you about last week.
>Thanks for your answers on and off-list.
>Well, I sure learned a lot, but didn't feel to happy about the evening....

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Dear Thomas,

I appreciated your story about story.  When people are moved deeply and are
changing inside, they sometimes don't have an immediate outward reaction or
much to say -- yet.  It can literally take days to surface in a form they
can articulate.  Sometimes they feel out of sorts due to the stuff that's
working in them.  I've had sessions where people were ecstatic and yet
their learning turned out to be shallow.  And I've had sessions where the
learning was deep yet people appeared irritated at me (someplace to vent
the fear of the unknown, I guess).  A few times I have had people write to
me or come to me later and say they were sorry for reacting the way they
did and that they were changed by what we all had done together.  So I just
remember to keep doing what seems right and trusting the process.  Being
me.  A lot of powerful things happen when people are allowed to be
themselves, and often OS and like processes are the first experience people
have had with being invited to fully be themselves.

Warm regards,

John

--
John Dicus  |  CornerStone Consulting Associates
 -- Leadership -- Systems Thinking -- Team Building -- Open Space --