Evening OS

Harrison Owen owenhh at mindspring.com
Sat Jun 23 05:23:09 PDT 2001

At 10:12 AM 6/22/01 -0700, Jeff wrote:
>In two hours you can do the introduction and marketplace (30 minutes), have
>two 30-minute session times, and a 30 minute closing circle. If you can use
>two and a half hours, you might extend the sessions to 45 minutes.

I suspect the real issue here is how many people are involved. If you have
a small group (less that 150) two session and a closing would work pretty
well. But if that group is larger -- 500 up  -- that is a lot cram in a
little time, particularly when the group has a lot of moving about to do.

Also maybe the closing could just be a moment of silent reflection. It
isn't always necessary to talk and that might be one more thing to let go
of (not to do)??? I always start an Open Space by inviting people to let
their eyes go 'round the circle to notice who is there. At the end I invite
them to do the same thing, and notice what is different. Happens in a
couple of minutes and it is pretty awesome.

Harrison

Harrison Owen
7808 River Falls Drive
Potomac, MD 20854 USA