Reflections on a challenging OST event

Lisa Heft lisaheft at pacbell.net
Mon Jun 18 17:17:44 PDT 2001

Thank you so much to Ralph, Brian, Chris C, Elena, Joelle, Elwin,
Harrison, Glory, Florian and Artur --

Amazing, as always.

I put the word out and you give back not only your thoughts but also
some of my own thoughts, as well.

Somebody tell me why we have periodic amnesia about letting go?  About
not messing up with the process?

Somehow I thought that these people needed to be replenished and
reinspired by telling the stories of their successes.  What -- because I
didn't believe that the Open Space would give them all the inspiration
and replenishment in the world?

Well, I totally believe it, so I must have taken leave of my senses (or
let that old nasty 'logic' get in the way of that brilliant 'intuition',
eh?)

As we all know, the process is very forgiving.  So the process forgave
even my meddling.

And you also remind me that the room rarely squishes 'the space' once
it's opened.  The people just press it outwards to their own comfort, as
your account of the school children, Michael, reminds me.

Once again, I delight in receiving feedback, analysis, support, wisdom,
stories and nourishment from you, my Open Space world community.

Once again, I delight in relearning (for my life practice and for my
professional practice) about letting go's, about holding space and faith
and spirit and belief.

>From all outward appearances I work mostly alone -- but in Open Space I
am never alone -- always among those I hold space with and all of you
wonderful beings.  I am so very lucky.

Lisa

- - -

L i s a    H e f t
Consultant, facilitator, educator
Experiential learning and Open Space Technology

2325 Oregon
Berkeley, California
94705-1106 USA
(+01) 510 548-8449