slightly off-topic: voluntary rolling blackout on June 21

Koos de Heer koosdhr at auryn.nl
Fri Jun 15 04:27:15 PDT 2001

Even though this is off-topic, I thought many of you might appreciate this:

In protest of George W. Bush's energy policies and lack of
emphasis on efficiency, conservation and alternative fuels, there will be a
voluntary rolling blackout on the first day of Summer, June 21 at 7 pm - 10
pm in any time zone (this will roll it across the planet). It's a simple
protest and a symbolic act. Turn out your lights from 7pm - 10 pm (your
local time) on June 21. Unplug whatever you can unplug in your house. Light
a candle for the Sun, kiss, make love, play games, tell ghost stories, do
something instead of watching television, have fun in the dark. Forward
this email as widely as possible, to your government representatives and
environmental contacts. Let them know we want global education,
participation and funding in conservation, efficiency and alternative
energy efforts -- and an end to over exploitation and misuse of the Earth's
resources.

Have fun!

Koos de Heer
Auryn management advies BV