Novosibirsk OS training

Elena A. Marchuk marco at mail.nsk.ru
Wed Jun 6 14:05:11 PDT 2001

Hi Peggy,

Yesterday, when I was preparing the Book of proceedings and as we had one English (UK) participant - Sue Halliday-Stein, one US-Canadian facilitator - Birgitt Williams and one participant, who is more then fluent in Russian, but still asked me for English handouts -Raffi Aftandelyan, I knew I need to have the Book of proceedings in two languages, though late.

If I could think of this earlier, on the time of training, probably I could ask somebody to help me with the translation of the reports and as we were not prepared with the computers at hand, and there were only 6 reports.... but at the middle of the night when I was finishing this, it would be of great help. How do you think?

Though Birgitt did not ask me, and told at the before-closing session, that we would work with the reports "on the wall", I still wanted to try to have this "feeling" of the Book of proceedings, even not so big.

So I did translated 4 reports from Russian to English and two from English to Russian (that was easier) or something like that as one report Raffi had helped me by doing this with his own one report, so we did have the Book.

So now, when I started to think that this is wonderful! I could send you and OS list the ready English language reports.... if I could find them on the computers - we were working on two with two files, so I can not recognize where is the last version....

well that is not so bad, as I still find some version and very close to the final, but while doing this search I feel myself not easy... you understand me, do you?

well, still, here is the Book of Proceedings! See attachment!

I wish you all the best,

and I will try to go to Moscow with Birtgitt to help her to make a quick change of airports as she has only 2.5 hours between her flights and I hope the Moscow flight will not be late as they used to do the last two times I was taking US people to the Novosibirsk airport and I hope EVERYTHING WILL BE OK and that also I will get visa for Vancouver. Please, God! As I don't know how much time they will need to do this, somebody said 3 weeks, so I need to invastigate it earlier, then I will come the last day to Moscow for starting my trip.

I'm so gratfull to you and all people who helped me with my learnings and experiences and to the OS Institute for the possibility to have Birgitt in our place, Novosibirsk, Siberia for providing real OS training for trainers with so many deep levels of learning how to do "20 minutes of the work of the OS facilitator" with her 140 pages of the manual and starting new community of OS facilitators in Russia! and we need to do a lot, as when Birgitt recomend us to start with some books to read.... well, we don't have them, we can not order them through credit cards - as nobody have them, I'm not saying that they are expencive, but we could start with library (community books), but still there is one more limit to already too big limits - the language. We need to have Russian books, to translate the books which Birgitt proposed to read to Russian. So we have a lot of things to do. And that is good! We have a lot of new learning ahead...

Thank you SO MUCH for all the OS community!

In an hour, 4-45 we shall start our travel (back for Birgitt) to her new trainings in Amsterdam - I can't imagine, how she is doing so great, but with all hopes for the best for us all

Best wishes to you and all

Elena Machuk, sincerelly yours