Update on OSonOS IX Vancouver BC

Chris Corrigan corcom at interchange.ubc.ca
Mon Jun 4 14:08:30 PDT 2001

Hi there folks:

We're getting all geared up for OSonOS IX in Vancouver August 18-21,
2001.  There is still time to register for the conference, which you can
do by grabbing the registration form at
http://www.openspaceworld.org/osonos.html

The theme is Improving our practice of Open Space Technology.  We hope
you can join us and a whole phalanx of OST practitioners from around the
world for two and a half days of conversation on improving our
practice.  We will supply you with paper, tape, a nice facility, bannock
and salmon and you bring an open mind and a generous spirit.

We are not offering scholarships for this conference, but we are looking
to assist those who have limited incomes.  For our part, the conference
fees fall on a sliding scale between $70 and $200 Canadian.  We are also
looking into billeting people who would otherwise have to pay for
accomodation.  We can't guarentee that you will be billeted if you come
to Vancouver, but we are doing our best to find accomodation
alternatives.

And this is where you come in, good listies.  If you are coming to
Vancouver, and you are staying at the University of British Columbia,
would you consider upgrading your accomodation and "hosting" a colleague
from afar?  The accomodation rates at UBC are very reasonable, and an
upgrade would be an inexpensive way of generously enabling some of our
colleagues to attend the conference.  If you think you can help please
let me know by return email, and if you would like to be considered for
billeting, please also drop me a line.  No guarentees, but we'll see
what we can do.

I would also like to announce that the evening of August 18th will
feature an Open Space reception at an Irish bistro near the University.
More details will be released soon, but plan on arriving in Vancouver in
time to take in the no host reception which will feature a selection of
Irish and Canadian beer, good food friendly conversation and live
traditional Irish music.  If perchance you are a traditional Irish
musician, bring your instrument and join in the session (I know I
will!).

That's all for now....get your registrations in as soon as you can and
visit the conference homepage at
http://www.opensopaceworld.org/osonos.html for more details.

Cheers!

Chris