introduction of new member

Raffi Aftandelian brynza at online.ru
Sat Jun 9 03:15:12 PDT 2001

Dear os'rs!
Hi! My name is Raffi Aftandelian, from Berkeley California, USA and
currently in Moscow. I just joined this list today and wanted to
introduce myself.

I just got trained in OST by Birgit Williams in Novosibirsk (Siberia),
Russia. (a HUGE thanks to Lena Marchuk for organizing this training.
Lena and I are both members of Intertraining, an association of NGO
consultants and trainers in the CIS. A thank you Marina Tyasto for
translating at the training. Lastyear Intertraining members were trained
in OS at the annual conference; which i missed).

This was important enough for me in spite of my finances that I took a
two day (each way!) train trip from Moscow to participate in the
training. I am thrilled to join the OS "family". The training got me
really jazzed about OST and am very grateful to Birgit for really
encouraging us to think profoundly about the essence and form of OST.

I have been in Moscow for the past 3 1/2 years doing conflict resolution
workshops (Alternatives to Violence Project) and am now very interested
in applying OST to my work with NGO's here. I recently have been active
on refugee issues (specifically around the war in Chechnya).

I would love to know if and when there have been threads on the form and
essence of OST here (i know there is an archive and started looking
there a bit.) If you know offhand of times when there were especially
valuable threads on this let me know.

We here are planning on starting a Russian language OS e-group -- this
came out of the mini-Open Space on OS that took place at our training. I
am just brimming with ideas and look forward to joining you as
colleagues in this adventure!

All the best,
from  a green mild summery Moscow,
Raffi Aftandelian