Seeking support for OS in the SF Bay area

Mary Berlin berlinco at mindspring.com
Wed Jan 31 17:43:34 PST 2001

Susan,
I just completed a successful open space event with a client organization
some of whom were very skeptical. A few thoughts regarding your dilemma:
   - I would be willing to ask the person who was the champion albeit a
skeptical champion, for this process if they would accept a call from one of
your folks and     respond to questions
    - I also have some evaluation comments that I would be willing to draw
from and share with you and you could share them with your folks. Of course
the source         would need to be kept confidential.
    -Finally, I don't think there is a way to make people comfortable; it is
a leap of faith. You might ask them if they are willing to wait until the
end of the first day (assuming it is a multi-day event) and then revisit the
need to carve out time for charter and structure. By that time you should be
in full swing. Best of luck, Mary Berlin