facilitating metanoia? (formerly"Part three OST with children and families")

Doersam, Laurel Laurel.Doersam at caphealth.org
Tue Jan 30 10:46:25 PST 2001

Perhaps it was the terminology that tripped me up, for when you put it in
the context of healers and healing, I get it.  I agree that the job of the
facilitator/healer is to set the conditions most carefully, to nurture and
perhaps expose innate abilities, and to help identify obstacles and help
open space for their removal.  Yes, indeed, my friend did have someone open
the space with great care and intention to allow the firewalking to be a
possible choice.  In fact, opening that space came from the external
facilitator as well as internally . . . on one occasion the internal
conditions were a bit awry and he ended up with burns and blisters.  So,
it's still the dance between healer and healed, facilitator and participant.

Laurel