Fw: A Search for LOs and Metanoia LO25939

Artur F. Silva artsilva at mail.eunet.pt
Sat Jan 20 11:28:38 PST 2001

At 12:05 20-01-2001 -0500, Harrison Owen wrote:

Thanks for your comments, Harrison.

>1) For the relationship between Open Space and Learning (also Learning
>Organizations) you might check my paper called Learning for Free. It was
>published in the World Business Academy's journal and may be found
>on  www.openspaceworld.com in the "Papers" section. And while in that
>section you might also check an earlier publication, The Business of
>Business is Learning, from which it might be included that Learning
>Organizations and Open Space have always been close neighbors.

I have been "investigating" your site long ago and I know both
texts, and even referred in my post to "The Business of Business
is Learning" ;-)  [A superb text, by the way]

>2) You refer people to my book Riding the Tiger which, as you rightly
>point out, is now out of print. However, my new book The Power of Spirit:
>How Organizations Transform covers everything in Tiger -- and goes a lot
>further. Amazon will be happy to supply.

I am doing as much as I can to "market" your ideas and, through that,
your books ;-) [Don't thank me; I am still in debdt for all the remalkable
things I learnt there...]

But, as a humble reader, I have my preferences... And I would like very
much that the "Tiger" would be republished...

After all, as you know already, I don't like very much the idea of "The 4
IMMUTABLE Principles of Spirit". And I red Lao Tse many times,
and I am able to understand "Spirit" without reference to any God (that
doesn't exist in Taoism). Some others are not, and where you wrote Spirit
will read God (or "Holly Spirit", as Birgitt mencioned).

And yes, I agree with you, Birgitt's mail is worderful and deserves to
be mentiond 3 times ;-) [And I will add a fourth soon...]

Bye

Artur