Fw: A Search for LOs and Metanoia LO25939

Harrison Owen owenhh at mindspring.com
Sat Jan 20 09:05:57 PST 2001

At 03:49 PM 1/20/01 +0000, you wrote:
>[Dear colleagues:
>I am sending bellow a post I sent yesterday to the "Learning
>Organisation List" (lo-list), hosted by Rick Karash. My post gives
>an overall visions of my research so far on LOs, and where Open
>Space enters in that global picture - in a very central position
>as you will see!!!

Artur --

Good stuff, and I look forward to the next installment. There are a few
things you might be interested in -- and I suppose I should have sent this
to you as a private communication -- but the thought ocured that others
might be interested as well.

1) For the relationship between Open Space and Learning (also Learning
Organizations) you might check my paper called Learning for Free. It was
published in the World Business Academy's journal and may be found
on  www.openspaceworld.com in the "Papers" section. And while in that
section you might also check an earlier publication, The Business of
Business is Learning, from which it might be included that Learning
Organizations and Open Space have always been close neighbors.

2) You refer people to my book Riding the Tiger which, as you rightly point
out, is now out of print. However, my new book The Power of Spirit: How
Organizations Transform covers everything in Tiger -- and goes a lot
further. Amazon will be happy to supply.

Harrison

Harrison Owen
7808 River Falls Drive
Potomac, MD 20854 USA