For Artur et al re the "North American" touch

Winston Kinch kinch at sympatico.ca
Mon Jan 15 18:01:28 PST 2001

Dear Chris (et al):

Again huzzahs Chris!

You have gently, and compassionately, expressed (I think) a view similar to
that which I was pondering earlier this morning.  I was using (to myself)
different but I think largely equivalent language...  I was ruminating about
whether this thing which I love and with which I resonate so much, was in
danger of becoming a panacea, a (dare I say) "movement" -  a thing which was
beginning to show signs of developing a more or less grandiose opinion of
what it was and might be - and potentially endangering in so doing the
wonderful qualities and gifts which I know, because I have experienced them,
that it brings to the world.

I acknowledge I have spent some time in that (perhaps not really open) space
myself.  It is alluring, captivating (thank you, thesaurus), to feel that
one is part of a "movement" that shows promise of solving what otherwise
appear to be intractable organizational  and societal problems; especially
if the problems, and one's own proclivities, co-exist in the region of
Spirit.

But , you know, I am brought back to the wisdom of the I Ching:  "Sincere,
Simple, Serene".  I believe those are words to live by, both for people and
"movements"...

Oh by the way, none of this has aught to do with our space being more
"international"...

Checking... OK... (as to addessing)

Hanuipit
Winston