Dear OSLIST

Joelle Lyons Everett JLEShelton at aol.com
Tue Jan 9 10:23:31 PST 2001

Winston, and others--

I'm one person who sometimes unintentionally sends a reply to the OSList
which I intended for one person.  Can someone please clarify for me the
mechanics of the process?

On some other lists that I participate in, clicking the "Reply" button sends
an answer to the sender of the message and clicking the "Reply All" button
sends an answer to everyone.  I have occasionally clicked the wrong button,
to my sorrow.  But it appears that the way the OSList is set up, any answer
sent as a reply is sent to the group, and it is needed to re-address my reply
to the individual.  That is easy to do, if that is what is needed.

On your other question, I value the opportunity to ask questions and share
the learning from other's experiences, and a request for resources (who knows
this, who is in my area) does not feel out of line.  I totally agree that
further conversation about a particular assignment should more appropriately
happen off-list.

I also have some question about long marketing pieces being distributed via
the list.  It is more comfortable for me to have someone put on the list a
brief announcement concerning workshops, etc., with a reference to where I
can get further information.

Thanks for asking the question and giving us all a chance to consider.

Joelle