OS/Playback...and creative materials?

Joelle Lyons Everett JLEShelton at aol.com
Wed Jan 3 23:50:42 PST 2001

Chris--

Like Romy, when I am facilitating, I like to bring some stuff for non-verbal
play--could be art supplies, I often have a mix of simple rhythm instruments,
weird balls and wind-up toys.  The crazy, creative and beautiful things that
people do with a few simple playthings seems to enhance their appreciation of
each other--in modes that may not show up when everyone is "at work."  I
don't need to have any plans for what to do with the playthings, just leave
them in the room in a visible but out-of-the-way spot.  They always seem to
find their way into something interesting.

But I must admit that my predilection is not to make things simpler, but to
create an opportunity for more complexity, and see what happens.  The OS
structure itself I like straight and simple.  It's not a matter of a "right
way" and a "wrong way," but more a matter of style. . .

Joelle