OS/Playback...and creative materials?

Chris Weaver chris at springbranch.net
Wed Jan 3 16:50:05 PST 2001

Yowza!  OSLIST sure is alive and in good Spirits for the new millenium!
Thanks for the many fine responses to my query.

I see the wisdom in facilitating a straight OST for this Playback company.
I especially appreciate Rainer Bosselmann's words:

now it seems to me, that rather straight experiences in a contrasting method
or with a 'neighbour approach' are the most fruitful and positively
confronting processes of learning.

I reflect that the groups we serve always have special gifts and expertise
in human interaction, sometimes in realms known to the facilitator and
sometimes not.  I like Christine Whitney Sanchez's phrase "the OST
container" - the OST form, when not messed-with, has a way of providing
space for all of it.  Perhaps someone at the Playback OST will convene a
group to PLAYBACK OUR ORGANIZATIONAL STORY, and, as always, whoever comes
are the right people.

To nudge the discussion a bit further:
An interesting quote from the Playback discussion last summer:  Romy wrote,

It is my personal passion to include more 'right stuff' as I call it (ie.
right
brain working) in all that I do...... including theatre, music, arts, dance,
clowning,
storytelling, masks etc etc

I harken back to my years of elementary school teaching, when I learned that
the materials I provided in opening my classroom space had a critical effect
on the experience that emerged.

At Birgitt's "OS Organization" training in Raleigh in November, two
participants, Kathy and Robert of Kalamazoo, arrived with a plethora of
chalk pencils and water-color-crayons, which made their way into all of our
sessions in some stunning ways.  So what about that?  I take to heart
Harrison's advice not to plan anything, and to do one thing less.  But, if I
as facilitator park an art cart in the corner of the main room, buffet-style
like the food, would it enhance Spirit or increase clutter?  Or would it be
helpful in discussions with the sponsor to invite the inclusion of material
supports (artistic, dramatic, musical...) that fit the creative culture of a
particular group?

Chris Weaver

--
S   P   R   I   N   G   B   R   A   N   C   H

Opening the Space for Inspired Collaboration
P.O. Box 8234 / Asheville, NC 28814 / USA
Phone: 828 225-0007 / Fax: 828 225-0303
http://www.springbranch.net / chris at springbranch.net

F   A   C   I   L   I   T   A   T   I   O   N