Creating an OSLIST FAQ (was: Re: shoemaker's children)

Chris Corrigan corcom at interchange.ubc.ca
Wed Jan 10 15:16:33 PST 2001

Hello:

Typically, once an email list or a newsgroup has evolved to a certain
point and the same kinds of things start to happen over and over,
someone begins to prepare a Frequently Asked Questions List (a FAQ)
which outlines all the givens.

It seems like Birgitt has started that process.  Perhaps I will
continune it and we'll post it up at Openspaceworld.org, and provide it
to newcomers.  One easy way of doing that is just posting it to the list
at the first of every month.

Anyone want to help me out with this?  If you do, just write down a
Frequently Asked Question and answer it.  I'll collect them and after we
get a goodly amount, post them to the list for some comments to make
sure that we all somewhat agree on the answers.  I'll only include in
the FAQ basic questions that we have general agreement on, nothing too
controversial.

Chris, returning to his seat.

--
CHRIS CORRIGAN