My Favorite Part

Don Ferretti dferrett at placer.ca.gov
Tue Feb 6 10:45:42 PST 2001

My favorite parts of Open Space are...
Getting in touch with the "Me" who believes in and prepares for opening space.
Going into the room when  no one is there and just sitting there in the middle.
Seeing everyone in the large circle before it starts.
The feeling that emerges once people have looked across the room and noticed others.
The excruciating sweet/scary feeling in those few seconds in the "Now" of the no mans land just before the first person rises and comes to the center of the circle and writes their topic.
The way I become invisible soon after the market place is opened.
The smaller size of the closing circle & unwrapping the Talking Stick that was created in previous open spaces.
Later that night when I am alone and reflect on the day.