Ken Wilber, Spiral Dynamics, Open Space .....

Doersam, Laurel Laurel.Doersam at caphealth.org
Tue Feb 6 09:24:36 PST 2001

I was so enthralled with A Brief History of Everything that I went out and
filled my shelves full of Wilber. I've just finished The Marriage of Sense
and Soul (1998, I think) in which he takes a stab at integrating science and
religion/spirituality.  The biggest "aha" for me happened when, in his
distinction between religion (dogma) and spirituality, he identified the
common denominator in world spiritual practice as the injunction to
experience transcendence, not just study it, talk about it or think about
it.  It allowed me to get past the dogma and to harvest some of the profound
truths that connect world religions.  I find that the more I read Wilber,
the more I relate much of what he says to Open Space - and the more I see
Open Space as "applied spirituality".  Thanks, Harrison, for putting me on
to him.  Laurel.