New practice

Gy örgy Beck gbeck at BECKGROUND.HU
Tue Feb 13 00:53:37 PST 2001

Dear Friends,

Up till now I was lurking, except one trial to submit suggestions to the
form of correspondence, that was unreplied.
But this was only the intro.
I would like to raise an issue after introducing myself.
I am Hungarian, living in Hungary and having been participated in the first
ever OSonOs last November.
I am very keen on trying to introduce the OST in Hungary, since the society
would need it very much.
Let me have some questions, hoping you will put them on their correct place
value.

Business - here I could read some points on the OST being free though we
should make a living on it.
Let me use an example - I can use the Reiki Energy, being tuned in (sorry
if the wordings are improper), but
I could never ask money for helping someone, because it is not MY energy
(and I am not professional enough, and it is very difficult, if I really
helped.)
The question: how do you quote prices to the clients. Is it a daily based
fee, or something else?

Clients - In relationship with the above issue - I read jealously your
report about working with groups, that have the corresponding groups in
Hungary (like minorities)
and could never raise any found to pay any fee for something like the OS.
So at the moment I see as potential client only the multinationals, getting
to Hungary and trying to introduce a new management/organization culture.

Name - Actually I was translating the name into Hungarian, when the first
reaction was on the name
Open Space, that it is something to do with the moon i.e. lunatic staff.

Looking forward to your comments:

György (George) Beck
Hungary, Budapest