Self-Organization is What Consciousness (Spirit) Does

Julie Smith jsmith at mosquitonet.com
Fri Dec 28 13:11:18 PST 2001

Perhaps an "aha!" moment...

I've been thinking about Jung's words all morning, fascinated with the
idea of the problem "not solved logically on its own terms but faded
when confronted with a new and stronger life urge."

Since entering the periphery of the OS world, I've been mystified by
what happens with the conflict that I know must exist in these groups.
Now I wonder: does it fade away because the OS experience itself has
helped the group expand its consciousness and outgrow it?

If that is at least partially true, then I'm beginning to understand
more deeply the difference between OS and mediation (and perhaps most
forms of group facilitation).  Let me see if I can get this right:

By letting go and letting be, OS allows for an expanded consciousness
that results in the natural fading of existing problems (and passionate
engagement in what is important to the group), while most forms of
mediation and facilitation tend to focus on solving problems logically
on the existing level of consciousness.

A bit wordy, but I'm curious whether this is a valid way to distinguish
OS from other forms of group facilitation... if so, this would also fit
in quite nicely with that wisdom from Einstein.. I don't have the quote
in front of me... something about needing to solve problems at a higher
level than the level at which they occurred..

Julie