AW: Max/Mix was: Experience with geeks in OST forums

Visuelle Protokolle mail at visuelle-protokolle.de
Sun Dec 23 03:55:30 PST 2001

  Harrison wrote:

  This is the Old curmuddgin speaking. And I know it is Christmas and
Hanukkah -- so I should be very charitable. Glowing with the season, as it
were. But every time I hear about Mix/Match it reminds me of Running Rats in
my college Experimental Psych Lab.
  No idea what a curmuddgin is. seems like a strange kind of priest coming
out of his church for kickboxing with some other priests.

  I have experienced a lot of methods, open or mix/max. I have seen people
in a group initiated by yourself, Harrison, who did not dare to use their
two feet and leave, because it was you. I have seen people after Open Space
sessions who just had a nice time without any consequences. I have seen
people who went really deep in other Open Space sessions, like the one in
Oberursel, where facilitators talked about their workaholism. I have seen
very beautiful mix/max sessions like the one in Borl, Slowenia, organized by
young girls from London shortly after the refoundation of Slowenia.

  It's the people, according to me, the people and their passion, finding
their topic - or beeing found by it.

  And since whoever comes is the right people, people getting into mix/max
groups are the right people as well. It's the only thing that could have
happened.

  happy christmas

  Reinhard

  Reinhard Kuchenmueller