Experience with geeks in OST forums

Averbuch averbuch at post.tau.ac.il
Wed Dec 19 23:58:22 PST 2001

Dear Sharon and all,

    Thank you very much for sharing your experience, I very much agree that
there is magic for introverts in OS type of work, as long as it is a real
issue that people have passion for.
    Let me through in my two cents for your question Alan, I believe that
people who are shy, timid and very intelligent tend not to speak if they
believe there is a likelihood they will be scorned or shamed. OS creates and
atmosphere of playfulness and deep appreciation of every voice. It is an
approach that tells there is no mistake possible ("whatever happens..") and
that is safe grounds to play and communicate and be creative and let
yourself flow.

Sharon, I have a question: you wrote:
            ,< As a side note we did a max/mix prior to the session to work
on the theme and the technical group got to the heart of the
            business issues facing the organization in 3 hours - it took the
management team 3 days to get to the same point.   >
could you please explain what :"max/min" mean in this context"

thanks and happy peaceful holidays
from Tova

Tova Averbuch
Israel