Dealing with viruses

Harrison Owen owenhh at mindspring.com
Sat Dec 1 14:37:57 PST 2001

At 01:20 PM 12/1/2001 -0800, you wrote:
>I think I just got two emails from this list today with viruses in
>them.  I'm on a mac, so they don't affect me, but I am noticing that
>this list distributes far more viruses than any other list I am on.
>This can mushroom, since the worm type viruses that have been sent
>out seem to self replicate through people's email lists.  Perhaps
>people could be especially careful about checking for viruses several
>times a day for a while until things settle down.  Especially before
>re-booting (one of the times these things take off), before dialing
>up (if you dial up to the internet), and before checking and sending
>mail.  Also, you might consider using Eudora email software.  It is
>free and every bit as powerful as Qutlook Express.  It is not a
>Microsoft product so it doesn't have the same virus "windows" that
>people have ferreted out in  Outlook Express.  Even better, get a
>mac.  System X.1 is quit impressive.

T'is indeed the season for weird bugs. Never had so many. From the
LISTSERVE and elsewhere. I second the motion on Eudora (anything but MS),
and would also suggest the latest version of Norton Anti Virus. Amongst
other things, it scans your mail AS IT GOES OUT for bugs.

ho

>Harrison Owen

7808 River Falls Drive
Potomac, MD 20854 USA