Dealing with viruses

kenoli Oleari kenoli at igc.org
Sat Dec 1 13:20:16 PST 2001

I think I just got two emails from this list today with viruses in
them.  I'm on a mac, so they don't affect me, but I am noticing that
this list distributes far more viruses than any other list I am on.
This can mushroom, since the worm type viruses that have been sent
out seem to self replicate through people's email lists.  Perhaps
people could be especially careful about checking for viruses several
times a day for a while until things settle down.  Especially before
re-booting (one of the times these things take off), before dialing
up (if you dial up to the internet), and before checking and sending
mail.  Also, you might consider using Eudora email software.  It is
free and every bit as powerful as Qutlook Express.  It is not a
Microsoft product so it doesn't have the same virus "windows" that
people have ferreted out in  Outlook Express.  Even better, get a
mac.  System X.1 is quit impressive.

Kenoli
--
Kenoli Oleari, Horizons of Change, http://www.horizonsofchange.com
1801 Fairview Street, Berkeley, CA  94703   Voice Phone: 510-601-8217,