Sioux Legend

Winston Kinch kinch at sympatico.ca
Sat Dec 29 07:03:18 PST 2001

I was struck by the wisdom in this little story when it was sent to me several months ago (apologies if it has already been on the list).  I'm not sure exactly how it relates to Open Space, but I sense it may have something to do with 'expanding one's Now'.  I offer it as something to ponder as we prepare to cross the boundary into a new year...
Shalom
Winston

Creator said.
The Creator gathered all of creation and said, I want to hide something from the humans until they are ready for it.  It is the realization that they create their own reality.

The Eagle said, Give it to me, I will take it to the moon.  Creator said, No one day they will go there and find it. The Salmon said, I will hide it on the bottom of the ocean.  No, they will go there too.  The Buffalo said, I will bury it on the great plains.  Creator said, They will cut into the skin of the earth and find it.

Then Grandmother Mole, who lives in the breast of Mother Earth, and who has no physical eyes but sees with spiritual eyes, said, Put it inside them.  And Creator said: It is done.