"Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and start all over again"

Robert.Chaffe at nre.vic.gov.au Robert.Chaffe at nre.vic.gov.au
Thu Dec 27 15:38:40 PST 2001

Harrison,
Thanks for the copy of your long proposal.  It does seem rather complex and I
wonder if we need to follow this path to win the job?  A self organising system,
learning organisations, etc.  are all constructs that we use to describe the
reality in an organisation that works and is sustainable.  Somehow we need to
find a way of allowing the client to discover their own words to describe their
organisation and keep the Jargon for our own use.

Just as when we trip and fall most of us welcome the hand that helps us up and
then lets us get on with what we know best to do.  As has been said may
different ways over the past months the way forward is with LIGHT and LOVE.  I
think that what open space technology does is provide  a process that allows the
participants to reconnect to the their lives and discover the LIGHT for
themselves while surrounded by LOVE (SPIRIT and all the other words we use from
time to time).

Every time I start to give long responses to what Open Space is or can do I am
reminded of the words from South Pacific  "Fools give you reasons, wise men
never try!"

For the business  we could ask.
"Do you want to make the best of the current opportunities to grow your
business?"
" Do you want to make the best use of the resources of your business?"
"Do you want your staff totally committed  new business plans and actions?"
 "Are you prepared to work with your staff to create a new business that is
better than what any of you thought possible?"

 If the answer is yes to any or all of these questions then Open Space can help.
( Fill in the examples of success)

The only question left is, "When do we start?"

Robert