Experience with geeks :-) in OST forums

Alan Stewart alan.stewart at senet.com.au
Wed Dec 19 17:13:52 PST 2001

Hi All

My thanks to all those who responded, on and off line, so constructively to my request for experiences

with technical people in OST settings. You have greatly expanded my perceptions of the issues and possibilities.

And likely too those of the person with whom I am conversing about these matters and to whom

I am passing on salient insights from your contributions.

Maybe also others on this list benefitted also, as some lovely gems were revealed IMO.

I will take up kind offers to come back later with specific questions and for stories.

I feel appropriately and duly admonished for neglecting to 'smile' when using the term 'geek' J in the context of this

correspondence. There were valid reasons for my choosing the name, not least for a bit of fun and to attract

attention!

Also the person with whom I am dealing has elected to call her exercise "Geek Week." Further the

CEO of Novell says that the name is a badge of honor, although he doesn't often use it. (See "How to Manage

your Geeks" in Fast Company)

http://www.fastcompany.com/online/25/geeks.html

Whatever, I do not use it in a judgemental way. After all, I am an OST practitioner.

Good to converse, with love

Alan

Adelaide