Experience with geeks in OST forums

Alan Stewart alan.stewart at senet.com.au
Sun Dec 16 15:21:40 PST 2001

Hi All

This request stems from an approach to me from a person commissioned to promote better communication among
IT people in a large corporation and their customers.

Anyone have experience in working with "geeks/nerds" ie the technical people who create
software and the hardware that runs it - on issues that cannot be addressed through engineering
brainpower? And stories of where this happened?

Incidentally, I can empathise with those who have been affected by the recent spate of viruses. My
hard disk was erased by a virus (which did not emanate from this list!, seemingly through the partition being
destroyed), the day I was leaving for the US last month. Fortunately my material was mostly backed up.
C'est la vie.

I had lively and most enjoyable connectings with BJ Peters and Christine Whitney Sanchez in
Phoenix and with Lisa Heft in Berkeley. Greetings.

Good to converse, with love

Alan
Adelaide