Self-Organization????

Joelle Lyons Everett JLEShelton at aol.com
Sat Dec 8 15:10:39 PST 2001

In a message dated 11/19/01 3:27:51 PM, artsilva at mail.eunet.pt writes:

<< The difference between the rules of other methods and the ones of
OST is that the former are still too "structured" to allow for Kauffman's
conditions of self organization, I think...

I would agree with you on that, Artur.  And I have also been intrigued for a
long time about the degree of behavior change which often happens when the
rules are changed a bit.  But I would agree that it is within a structured
system which constrains the full operation of self organization.

Re: Winnie-the-Pooh, although my youngest child is now 27 and a father
himself, Paul and I still find ourselves quoting Winnie-the-Pooh.  Paul used
to read it aloud to our sons--when he read to the youngest, it was amazing
what the older ones, some of them teenagers, found to do within hearing range
of the story.

Hope all is well in your world.

Joelle