Meeting Procedure and OST

Larry Peterson lpasoc at inforamp.net
Fri Aug 31 08:02:40 PDT 2001

Hi Viv:

I agree with Birgitt that starting with an Open Space can get a team off to
a great start.  You need to think through who will Open the space if you are
the chair.  If you have a real vested interest in particular outcomes, it
would be good if you were a participant in that first OS.  The framing of
the OS for the team is key.  Mandate, givens, etc. that shape the task and
direction of the group need to be stated or developed.

I have seen teams that moved in and out of formal uses of OST, depending on
a theme or issue, with occasional decision making meetings of the whole led
by the chair.

Have fun.  It was great to connect in Vancouver.

Larry

Larry Peterson
Associates in Transformation
41 Appleton Ave.