Meeting Procedure and OST

Birgitt Williams birgitt at mindspring.com
Tue Aug 28 20:26:16 PDT 2001

Hi Viv,
OST for that first meeting with a broader theme is excellent. From that
meeting, several opportunities will be identified. Harrison's dividing up of
things at this point into those items that can be done without further ado
(DO IT) can be pulled out, acted upon and the first great successes of that
initial OST meeting will be experienced. Momentum will build :-) And then
there are those items which will be marked as CLARIFY IT. This may or may
not include more Open Space Technology facilitated meetings or other means
of facilitation that is congruent in values and principles to OST, or might
not involve meetings at all but rather phone calls and other means of
research. And then there will be a category of opportunities from that first
OST meeting that will be identified as excellent candidates for further OST
meetings (one meeting per opportunity identified). And from these you and
your group will again divide opportunities into DO IT, CLARIFY IT, and OPEN
SPACE IT. And so on and so on......

For a visual of the experience to share with your group, you might go back
to the picture I have in the Advanced Training manual of the pumpkin patch
of DO IT, CLARIFY IT, OPEN SPACE IT.

Blessings,
Birgitt