Story of a recent 2.5 day OST

Chris Corrigan corcom at interchange.ubc.ca
Fri Aug 24 13:28:51 PDT 2001

Ann Thompson wrote:

> Am I dreaming, or was I really there, after-all?  Have we reached a new level of integration of "just being with" in OST and in Open Space?

Funny you should mention that...:-)  i was thinking the same thing myself.

Chris
--
CHRIS CORRIGAN
Consultation - Facilitation

http://www.chriscorrigan.com
corcom at interchange.ubc.ca

RR 1 E-3
1172 Miller Road
Bowen Island, BC
Canada, V0N 1G0

phone (604) 947-9236
fax (604) 947-9238

Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 15:53:05 -0500
To: OSLIST <OSLIST at LISTSERV.BOISESTATE.EDU>
From: Michael Herman <mherman at globalchicago.net>
Subject: Re: Story of a recent 2.5 day OST

--------------6F0B87DEFA3761650D4186C5

yep.  same for my website.  the phrase about sacrifice that shows up at
the very beginning and the very end of my evolution at work collection
is from t.s.eliot... four quartets...  "costing not less than
everything"  also, early on, i decided that i had to do this writing,
for whatever it is worth, and give it away.  so that is why it's been
made available for free to all.  it isn't a professionally edited and
published, but i do think there is enough there to be helpful.  probably
too much.

i had the 'evolution at work' and 'invitation resources' collections
available on the table at osonos this week.  many got to read a bit and
asked where they could be read and downloaded.  they are full of
everything i've been able to capture about opening space in org... my
own journey

to surf and search and read online, go here:
http://www.michaelherman.com.
to download, visit this page:
http://www.globalchicago.net/evolution/download.html

many thanks to all who've supported me in offering these things to you.

michael

--

Michael Herman
300 West North Avenue #1105

http://www.michaelherman.com
a personal/professional portal to
consulting, open space, evolution,
invitation resources, michael's
open notebook, and the rest of
GlobalChicago...

mailto:mherman at globalchicago.net

[...]

it is known by all OST facilitators after they do their first one.</font></blockquote>

Go, and Getting out of the Way. But thanks for pointing out what for me
is a critical point. To state the obvious -- sacrifice is at the core of
Open Space, because until or unless stuff is given away, the space can
never be open. My guess is that this bothers a lot of folks, and it is
certainly hard on those who see life as a game in which whoever has the
most toys when they die wins -- But for me sacrifice is at the heart of
both Open Space and life.
<x-sigsep>
<center>7808 River Falls Drive