OST for a local Catholic diocese

Joelle Lyons Everett JLEShelton at aol.com
Sun Aug 12 12:18:55 PDT 2001

Lisa--

I hope I will be in Vancouver; it is not clear at this point.

I broke my leg in Siberia (thought I had a sprained ankle, hobbled on it some
the last days of the trip).  That is a whole amazing story which I will share
when we had time.  I had surgery on Monday to straighten the bone and put in
a plate to hold it in place.  At this point the leg needs to be elevated
quite a bit to keep it from swelling, and I have a really heavy cast,
non-weight-bearing, which makes it tedious to get around.

If I am feeling generally better, and off most of the pain medication, by
midweek, I will rent a wheelchair and come.  If I'm still exhausted by basic
getting around, I will send lots of love and longing thoughts your way.

Are you driving or flying?  If driving, consider a detour by my place on your
return trip.  You can leave I-5 at Tacoma or Olympia and be at our place in
about an hour.  The house is a chaos of unread mail, unfiled paperwork and
unread books, but we have a nice guest room and would love to see you.  We
have about 5 acres of old-growth forest and our own beach; it is a good place
to unwind after a busy conference.

Love, Joelle