Theme vs Topics

Dave Cox dwcox at ASTATE.EDU
Mon Aug 20 12:04:37 PDT 2001

Dear OS List members:

What advice do you have when topics are initiated during agenda
setting, particularly the first one out of the chute, that are
clearly not related to the stated theme?

In a recent experience I decided on the spot that's where the passion and
responsibility lie, so I said nothing. I let everything be posted. (Some
topics were related to the theme.) But this is somewhat troubling. I have
asked myself, "Why work so hard on coming up with the proper wording
for a theme if it gets ignored in the end?"

Thank you for your help.
Dave Cox