(RESPONSE): Inquiry Regarding Collective Buddha "Story of a recent 2.5 day OST"

Mark R. Jones mark_r_jones at worldnet.att.net
Sat Aug 25 19:45:35 PDT 2001

Hi.

Tich Nhat Hahn is the Buddhist teacher that made the proclamation
regarding the "Collective" as the next manifestation of the Buddha.

I believe that Open Space as a life practice creates the minimal structure
required to begin to grok "Community / Collective"  -- in terms of
intention, communication, and behavior.

I believe that communities like the (Centers for) Spirited Work
that practice ongoing (3 years now) community, organization,
and business model using Open Space as the core practice  -- are the
training grounds for the manifestation of the Buddha as the Collective.

I note that the active inclusion of children into the Spirited Work
community in the USA has had a positive and profound transformative
effect on the community and the practice of Open Space as a Life Practice
(in contrast to using Open Space as just a "facilitation" tool.

Mark R. Jones
Chief Information Officer:       SEA-IS
Executive Vice President:        SEA
P.O. Box 1457;
  Lynnwood, WA 98046
Direct Line:                         425-413-6000
Mobile Line:                        206-696-7000
Message Line:                     504-304-2460
e-Mail:                                mark.r.jones at seabase.com
<mailto:mark.r.jones at seabase.com>