5 Hour OS

Jo Toepfer jotoepfer at gmx.net
Mon Apr 9 07:26:10 PDT 2001

Dear :-Doug,

I had an 3.5 hours open space last week in Leipzig, Germany. It was the
annual gathering of the German fundraising community and about 40 people
showed up. We applied the following timetable:

2:00 pm sponsor's o penning speech
2:03 pm o penning circle
2:20 pm posting the issues
2:45 pm market place
3:00 pm 1st session
3:40 pm 2nd session
4:20 pm 3rd session
5:00 pm deadline for reports
5:05 pm o penning the exhibition
5:20 pm closing circle

Instead of a book of proceedings we organized a exhibition wall. The book
was produced over night and the participants got it the day after. The
scheme worked out perfectly. 14 issues were posted and 12 reports went in.
These folks were highly satisfied.

good luck for your event
Jo Toepfer

--