close the OS?

Beck György gbeck at beckground.hu
Fri Apr 20 01:52:37 PDT 2001

Dear Friends,

There is my first OS shaping, that I would like to share with you and  ask
some guidance.

The university where I studied - terribly long time ago - is organising the
alumni association and will have a programme in June.

The givens: The organisers seem to be convinced to open the space for a long
half day.
I feel fine about the logistics, that will be the whole building of the
university with lots of rooms and all.

The progamme of the day seems like this:

OS cca from 9:30-15:00
after then some informal but organized programme (sport, quiz, culture,
etc.) cca 15:00 - 18:00
fron around 19:00 there will be a dance party.

The possible number of participants will be around 50-200.
There is not much chance to "close the open space", that is there might be
late comers in the morning, and those, joining somewhen in the daytime. One
of my questions is, how to instruct the late comers, even how to prevent the
programme from their joining - if needed?

The second is, how and when should I formally close the space?

In the time frame available, the reports can not be distributed, but can be
done after the informal program.
Also this can be given over to those, who come for the evening programmes.

I plan to leave the bulettin board on the walls even in the time of the
consecutive programs. I think there could be left some clean paper to join
to the decisions, made on the OS.

I don't see the end of all.

If anybody has some advice I would appreciate.

Gyuri