Be prepared to be surprised. . .

Lisa Heft lisaheft at pacbell.net
Thu Apr 19 16:54:58 PDT 2001

Oh, Joelle --

My heart was with you be*fore* I heard your story, because I
have come to know the incredible Ms. Elena and because I was
thrilled to here (back in October when I met you) that you
were going to be involved in this wonderful project.

But then when I hear of your   m  a  n  y   surprises and
everyone's (no surprise) ability to swim through the waves
like dolphins...

But oh, to have them all happen in one gathering !!  I think
sometimes that the cosmos must have such a sense of
(twisted) humor (but humor, nonetheless) and that there is
never any moment that I doubt that humans are incredible for
their resilience, creativity, stubbornness and spirit!

This one goes down in the books as one I shall share with
any trainer or facilitator I train.  Gee, up to now, I have
only been able to tell stories about one's materials being
locked up and unavailable, or there being no food or water.
You top the list, girl!

Joelle, I cannot imagine a better person to represent us for
this exchange with our Siberian colleagues.  If I were to
choose anyone, it would be you.  You are all very lucky to
have found each other, I know.

Warmly,

Lisa Heft
Berkeley, California, USA