midwest open space?

Michael Herman mherman at globalchicago.net
Sat Apr 14 15:08:57 PDT 2001

hello all,

have just finished the writing and webifying of my collected open space
writings, as 'evolution at work' and 'invitation resources' at
http://www.michaelherman.com.  have also had a chance to visit with
brian bainbridge while he came through the midwest from australia, and
with sheila isakson, my long-time co-conspirator here in the midwest
usa.  my conclusion:  it's time to start something new.

as brian was telling stories of australian open space on open space and
their oz/nz listserve and such, it occured to me that what used to be a
more or less usa list (oslist) has now become worldwide.  which is
great.   certainly there are many issues for us to raise and address as
a worldwide practitioner community.

at the same time, when fellow midwesterner doug germann recently made
his debut on the oslist, i think dave koehler and i both ended up
getting on the phone with doug to talk about his questions and his
event.  that kind of phone connection and support is harder for me to
offer folks posting similar questions from europe or australia, or even
the east or west coasts of north america.  what's more, as we continue
to talk, we'll know more about each other's practice and be able to give
more specific support in the future.

when i talked with sheila this week, we decided it was worth posting an
invitation and see if we can't create a local, midwest open space
listserve in order to better support our learning and practice here.  i
said i'd take the lead on this and couldn't think of a better way than
to post it here.  we're hoping that dave and doug and anyone else out
there from the midwest usa will join us.  if you have friends and
colleagues in the midwest, please pass this along and invite them to
join us, too.

we do not want to diminish what's happening here on the oslist, AND we
do want a chance and a space to get more connected with open space
practitioners in the midwest.  if you'd like to join in on this
conversation and perhaps make some plans for a midwest practitioner
gathering or other fun, please come join us.  if you're going to be
passing through, let us know and we can announce your coming ...and
maybe even plan an event in your honor!

            to join us, just send a message to this address:

                   MidwestOS-subscribe at yahoogroups.com

i hope that this will help grow things in the midwest and give us more
juice to feed into the worldwide conversation.  i, myself, will continue
to be hanging around the oslist, as well, and will report in as midwest
news emerges.

many thanks, michael

--

Michael Herman
300 West North Avenue #1105

http://www.michaelherman.com
-michael herman associates - consulting
-evolution at work - online book of open space
-invitation resources - open space workbook
-websites worth visiting - community
-michael's open notebook - journal

mailto:mherman at globalchicago.net