Story of a 2.5 day Open Space with an Aboriginal Organization

Chris Corrigan corcom at interchange.ubc.ca
Wed Sep 20 13:21:56 PDT 2000

Neat idea.....I'm a compulsive mind mapper myself.  I will think about that for
next time.

By the way, with respect to the report forms and "one less thing" I am
increasingly finding that the report forms that I provide are generally ignored
or used differently, or abused or generally not put to use for their intended
purpose.  Certainly the little boxes rarely get filled out.  All of this is an
absolute delight to me, as I love watching the "wall of scrawl" emerge if I'm
not using laptops.  There is somthing to be said for the neatness and
readability of typed reports, but nothing can replace the personaility of hand
written reports.

I think the "form" part is important because it helps to guide people's
discussions towards whatever we need from them, whether it is actions,
commitments, thoughts, recommendation, discussion or whatever.  But I love
seeing the way the report form gets stretched, coffee stained and crumpled.  It
LOOKS like work has been happening...!