when a client hires Open Space Technology, is this what she gets?

David Koehler Nsdmk at aol.com
Mon Sep 11 14:11:19 PDT 2000

In a message dated 9/11/00 2:27:27 PM Central Daylight Time, pholman at msn.com
writes:

<< Birgitt -- I think you're on to something -- how can we establish
competence
 without resorting to something insipid like certification? >>

Just to jump in on this conversation, isn't that what we have developed in
part with the listserv?  Here is a network of individuals who are in touch
with one another and with OST events that are taking place all over the
world.  I'm not sure that we can ever be successful in guarding against those
who might "sell" something incomplete and call it open space.  Rather, it
seems we could do more to create awareness that a community of people exists
who know one another (even if only via the web), and who share and learn from
each other on a daily basis.  What we're in effect looking for is
authenticity.  I think we give that to ourselves.

Thanks,

Dave Koehler